Thursday, April 12, 2012

Addressing the 90% Problem

If I were to try to measure the time that I spent thinking, analyzing and communicating versus actually typing in code, how much of the time would it be? If I were to guess, I'd say something at least 90%.  I wonder what other people would say? Especially without being biased by the other opinions in the room?

We spend so much of our time trying to understand... even putting a dent in improvement would mean -huge- gains in productivity. So...

How can we improve our efficiency at understanding?
How can we avoid misunderstanding, forgetting, or lack of understanding?
How can we improve our ability and efficiency at communicating understanding?
How might we reduce the amount of stuff that we need to understand?

These are the questions that I want to focus on... its where the answers and solutions will make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment